Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tangerine Tango Sunset


"Tangerine Tango Sunset"
oil on linen, 6x8 inch, unframed

The color of the year according to The Patone Company is "Tangerine Tango", a beautiful and vibrant orange. The above painting is in response to the Daily Paintworks challenge for this week. The challenge is to paint something using the color chosen for 2012, tangerine tango.

It did not take me much time to decide what to do. A few years back I spent a couple of weeks in Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. The sunsets there still remain in my memory. I did take lots and lots of photos during my stay. This brought back some wondrous memories of days in the sun....especially as I stand in my studio today, the coldest day so far this winter, and the temperature is a few degrees below zero F.

Enjoy!

P.S. Make sure to come back and check on my future testing of more pastel papers. The next one will be a blue colorfix suede surface. I am not sure what I am going to do with that one.

No comments: