Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Pink Wheelbarrow

"The Pink Wheelbarrow"
8x8 inch, oil on linen, unframed
copyright 2012 MaryAnn Cleary

The Painting:
The above painting is something that I did this fall during a workshop with Scott Anderson. It meant driving to the "Cities", but for this non-city person I felt the workshop helped me with looking at what I paint with a different perspective. We painted plein aire or outdoors on site and in places that I had not visited prior to the class. I am not a "city" person. However, I had a great time and I loved finding new subject matter to paint and having a taste of city life for a couple of days.

What is new this week:
This week I am testing out several different pastel papers. Tomorrow I will photograph them and list the ones that I am trying. It is a sample pack from Dakota Art Supplies with ten different papers. A couple of them I have used previously and they are some of my favorites. As I go through the papers, I hope to post the pastel paintings I do along with pros and cons about the papers. I also hope to make some boards with my own ground painted on them to try out, too.

Make sure to check out the Daily Paintworks site. I have a gallery there and a couple of auctions going.

No comments: