Friday, November 25, 2011

Fern Meadow

"Fern Meadow"
watercolor with pen and ink, 12x16 inch
copyright 2011 MaryAnn Cleary
nfs

This is a technique that I do not typically do nowadays. Most of my work is in oils or pastels. At one time, I used to work only in this media. If fact, my first paintings used watercolor and pen and ink. A few months ago, a friend asked me if I would do a piece of artwork of the home that they were building. A log home. I had been to their place...the old place and I loved the area with its magical beauty.

This is my interpretation of that magical place. I have yet to see the new cabin, but I am sure that it still maintains the beauty and spirituality of the area. I remember sitting under a huge pine tree, soaking up the sun's rays, listening to the quiet as the silence and beauty soothed my troubled spirit. This is my interpretation of their magical place.

No comments: