Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Window


The Window
size: 6 x 8 inch, unframed
oil on birch panel

SOLD

This is my result of the Daily Paintworks weekly challenge. To tell you the truth, I hate painting from someone elses photograph. The photograph is a black and white one where we each choose the colors and style we want to paint keeping focus on values. For this study, I opted for a very simple red-green palette.  A fun exercise. I used a napthol red and a free sample of green that I had gotten from a vendor. It looks similar to a viridian green. I also used titanium white and just a touch of lemon yellow.

Below is the reference photo that we used for the challenge and my interpretation of the painting without color. This shows whether I keep with the value system seen in the photograph.
Reference Photo from Daily Paintworks
The Above Painting with Color Removed for Comparison to Photo


I

No comments: