Sunday, July 24, 2011

The River

"The River"
oil on panel
size: 8x10 inch, 
landscape
copyright 2011 MaryAnn Cleary


The link above goes to my painting gallery at Daily Paintworks.

Today, I really did not know what to paint. In fact, I planned on reading most of the afternoon, but the scene from my studio window was inviting so I thought that I would give it a try. The Rum River is a lazy river behind my house. It is still pretty high considering that it is the end of July. This afternoon I watched a group of folks tubing lazily down the river. It looked inviting. However, I also so one girl waving her arms about....deer flies. I will wait another week or so before taking my canoe out and paddling up the river and then coasting down to my house. The area that I usually put the canoe into the river is where the sun is hitting the grasses along the bank.

Enjoy.

No comments: