Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

Mouse Island
size: 8x10 inch, unframed, $150

What a pleasant surprise I received last week. A while back I had put together paperwork for an individual artist's grant through the East Central Arts Council in Mora, MN. Each year they receive funding through the McKnight Foundation for a variety of grants. This year I opted to apply for a grant so that I could further my artistic skills with a workshop given by Marc Hanson in Taylors Falls, MN. Last Wednesday, I went to Mora to give a ten minute presentation about my work and my plans for the grant if I received it. Ten minutes is not very long and the time used to support my artwork and project just seemed to zoom by quickly. There are 20 or so folks present for the presentation and most are difficult to read - surely done so that there seems to be a presence of unbiased opinions.

I am so pleased to announce that after contacting the ECAC staff person, I found out that my project plan had been selected and I had been awarded a grant!!!

A big "Thank You" goes to the East Central Arts Council!!!

No comments: