Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A Cloudy Day for a Back Yard Study


"My Back Yard Aug. 5, 2009"
oil on canvas, 8 x 10 inch
copyright MaryAnn Cleary
What fun to paint!! This is another series in the "back yard" paintings. I am doing this to study the effects of light at different times and seasons. It has been a couple of weeks since I have done one so it was about time that I got back at it.

This evening was cloudy so without having a strong light constrast, it is much more difficult. The values are similar so one needs to play with the warm and cool tones. I did enjoy this one and I would like to do it again when a sunny morning or evening.

While painting this sweet little painting, a family of turkeys did pass through. Sometimes I forget why I love it here so much. Watching a turkey family or a bald eagle fly along the river is truly a great pleasure.

Enjoy the painting~

1 comment:

Kami Polzin said...

This painting has a nice mood to it MaryAnn. It's very fresh, I like it!