Saturday, June 27, 2009

Paintings from a Workshop

Morning Bliss on the St. Croix
oil painting, 8x10 inch
day 2

Afternoon Sunlight on the St. Croix
oil painting, 8x10 inch
Day 1

This past week, I attended a workshop given by Kami Polzin of Stillwater, MN. What a wonderful three days! Kami is an excellent teacher and her enthusiasm and love of painting is very apparent.

I have always found landscape painting a bit intimidating, but with Kami's help, I now look at the color temperatures, values, and light of doing a landscape with complete enthusiasm. The above paintings are examples of what I accomplished during the workshop.

What a delight!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

What a beautiful painting!

Mary said...

These are wonderful landscapes, Mary Ann--soft and luminous. Your workshop is bringing out good things in you!

It is interesting to me that you find landscape painting intimidating when you produce such amazing pet portraits. For me, landscapes seem to come more naturally (though not always easily), while painting realistic, individual pets and other animals is very intimidating. Vive la difference!

Your think tank friend,
Mary Lemmenes

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Thank you for your kind comments. This last workshop really was a great one. I will be going to the second half of it in August. It is helping me see "color".

MaryAnn

Kami Polzin said...

It was a complete pleasure to paint with you MaryAnn. You are a very good painter. I love way you apply your color! Isn't color amazing!? :) Happy Painting and I'll be seeing you soon, Kami

Kami Polzin said...

It was a pleasure to paint with you at the workshop! Your paintings look great here!
It's fun to watch you apply color, really love the way put the paint down. Happy Painting and I'll be seeing you soon! Kami

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Thank you, Kami! I can hardly wait until the next session! MaryAnn