Sunday, April 12, 2009

Work in Progress ~ Coneflowers


Coneflowers ~ A work in progress...
charcoal and conte on Rives BFK paper
copyright 2009 MaryAnn Cleary

After reading an article in the International Art Magazine on an artist who works with charcoal and conte, I just had to give this a try. Typically, I use just conte or charcoal on a toned paper. It never occurred to me to use a nice quality, white paper. The trick seems to be not to get too carried away with the sanquine conte. As soon as I am finished with this drawing, I will post it. Charcoal and conte are one of my absolutely favorite mediums and I wonder why I just don't do more.

I will try to remember to take photos as I complete this drawing to share. I already have a couple more ideas in the works. Next will be a drawing of Conan, my son's Mastiff. Perfect for doing a dog portrait. After that will be a portrait drawing...I have a couple to choose from.....

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: