Saturday, April 04, 2009

The April Fool Joke


April in Minnesota
(a view from my backyard on April 1, 2009 ~ snow!!!)
original oil on canvas board, 7 x 7 inch, unframed
copyright 2009 MaryAnn Cleary

This is a view painted of my backyard. Yes, that is snow! Yes, it is April! Goodness, I am really tired of winter in Minnesota. Today we are again awaiting yet another winter storm. Wake up, Mother Nature! It is Spring!

This sweet little painting is done using a very limited palette. Ultramarine blue, mars violet and titanium white. I tried to play the warm and cool colors off one another and truthfully, that day was pretty simple color-wise. With the white snow and the bleakness of the bare trees, there was little color, but lots of contrast. The limited palette really fit the color scheme for this little painting.

I may start a little series of "My Backyard" and different days of the year. It definitely is ever changing.

No comments: