Monday, February 02, 2009

The Flower in My Kitchen Window


Blooming
conte on toned paper, 8 x 10.5 inch, no frame & no mat
copyright 2009 MaryAnn Cleary

Today I found a link to a widget for PayPal that lets one put a little store along the side of their blog or website. It is a beta one found under the PayPal Labs site. It looks pretty slick and much better than those little "buy it now" buttons. It can also keep track of inventory for those who want to use it for photographs or prints and there is also a place to write a little more about the item.

So far, I like it. There seems to be one drawback though. Tonight as I tried to add more paintings, the darn thing slowed down to a snail's pace. It seemed to take forever just to write a few comments. In fact, one time I just closed the thing down. There must be a way of making it so that once a person starts adding several items that the darn thing doesn't bog down. Now I am wondering if it is also slowing down my blogsite when it opens.

This is only a trial. I love having the ability to offer folks paintings easily in one little widget. I had thought about making a website or blog just for available paintings.

Has anyone else used this widget and if you have, how do you like it? Also, how do others offer their paintings for sale or do you on your blog or website.

No comments: