Sunday, February 08, 2009

Another One of Those Little Jars.....


An Improved Gem
original oil on a gessoed hardboard, 6 x 6 inch, unframed
copyright 2009 MaryAnn Cleary

Here is another one of those crazy, little half-pint jars. This one has a few of those buttons and threads stored in it. You know those ones that come attached to clothes. I have yet to use one of the things, but I am terrified to throw them away. I finally opted to put them in a jar. Who knows maybe one day I will find a use for them.

Today is thankfully a sunny and warm one for this time of year. I am thinking of starting another blog and calling it "Minnesota Days". It will have my experiences, my photos and paintings of Minnesota. I will keep this one, but mainly it will be for just posting my recent artworks. I did save the blog name, but I am not sure what to do next....I guess "just do it".

By the way, as these little paintings begin to collect on my mantle in the kitchen, they are really coming together as a group. It is also giving me an opportunity to decide whether I like painting on gessoed board. It is ok, but I think that I like it better for using acrylics. My next trial will be to adhere primed canvas to hardboard. I like painting on a hard surface, but I also like the feel of the brush across canvas.

No comments: