Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Egg or Egg No.2


Egg No. 2
oil on canvas mounted on masonite, 5 x 6 inch, unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary


When feeling frustrated, it is always good to go back to basics....or paint an egg. This is the first in another series of four. I am thinking this might be breakfast foods or something like that.

This painting is one that I did by mounting Signature canvas onto a 1/4 thick masonite board. It really was pretty easy to do and is quite a cost savings. I used my rolling pin to smooth out the canvas after applying the glue to the board and laying the primed canvas onto it. I then piled books on top of the glued canvas & board. Later I used an exacto knife to trim the edges. Next time I will take some pics of the process. It is really easy and I also like painting on canvas versus just a primed hardboard.

Click her to bid.

No comments: