Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Horse with No Name...more with the limited palette


A Horse with No Name
original oil, 6 x 8 inch, unframed, make an offer
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This is another small study using the limited palette. This seems to be working for me...not many choices so that I must focus on what is necessary. I did this study fairly quick and I was going to leave it and do some more work on it tomorrow. However, I am putting it aside as it is. There is a quality about it that I like and I don't want to lose it so....just leave it for now.

Basically, I am really enjoying this palette. For the most part it is a red-green palette and I am sure this could be done with other complimentary colors. However, for me I just like what is happening with the palette. Depending on the subject, it might be necessary to change it a little, but for now I am just having fun with it.

There are three work horses that live along the road to my house. They are beautiful animals. I have never seen them actually do any work....unlike the workhorses that I saw while living in Colorado. They actually were used to bring hay out to cattle in the fields during the winter using a sled. Since this is mostly farm country, there aren't many cattle here. I do enjoy checking the three of them out though each time I drive into town.

1 comment:

thepeacefulpeacock said...

Love it!! You really captured the sweetness of the little guy.