Monday, November 17, 2008

The View from my Studio



A View from my Studio
original oil painting on linen on board, 8 x 10 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This painting is a view from my studio window. It is one of those paintings that did not just seem to fall into place, but one that was a complete struggle. I actually wiped portions of it out a few times and now I finally will just let it go and leave it alone. It is what it is.

Has anyone else experienced something similar when painting and how do you handle it? I would love to here your comments.

2 comments:

sweetmango said...

I have MaryAnn. When that happens I usually just put it aside, for a few days, weeks, months even!
Fresh eyes help to see it in different light and perspective. When it doesn't flow I don't push it I just walk away.
Hey! we can't be amazing artists everyday can we!!
Sometimes I go back to it and the creative juices flow and the picture emerges beautifully, sometimes I create something new over it.
I think it has lovely autumn colourings going on with the chill of that time of the year.
xxsm

Sadia Hussain said...

It happens to the best of us. I use acrylics so errors can be rectified more easily, by layering. Don't worry about it, you have a pleasant scene going; sometimes pleasing the artist is more difficult .