Monday, November 10, 2008

More Rocks from Grand Marais

Lichen Rocks
original oil painting on canvas on board, 11 x 14 inch, unframed
$200 plus $12 shipping USD (email for international shipping)
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This weekend a new DVD showed up in the mailbox. After checking out the possibility of renting art DVDs, I decided to actually purchase this one. It is a 2-set DVD by Albert Handell. He is an expert at pastels and oils and I am really glad that I purchased this one instead of renting it and then purchasing it. I could have rented it, but it actually had a long waiting list so I had no idea when the set would show up. Being the impatient person that I am, I decided to just buy it as the DVD had rave reviews with no negative ones. I am so glad that I did. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to take a workshop from this painter. I highly recommend the DVD.

The above painting is a result of viewing the DVD....at least I tried to implement some of the techniques that I learned as well as the things from the color book. So far, I am pleased with what I have learned and the direction that I am going. I can hardly wait to try doing another painting using some of Handell's recommendations.

Now I have more things to add to my painting checklist .....look for it in the next few days. In the meantime, I plan on doing a few more paintings to gain some confidence as well as fine tune my own style.





No comments: