Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dragon Chinese Tea Cup

Chinese Dragon Tea Cup
original oil on linen on board, 6 x 8 inch, unframed
$75 plus $7 shipping USD (international shipping please email me)
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This painting was done from life. This is a tea cup that I brought back from China with me. I really like making in tea in it as you can put the loose tea into the insert, let it steep with the lid on, and then pull out the insert and the tea is ready with no tea leaves. Tea is one thing that I do miss from China. The tea that one buys here definitely is not what a person finds there. The quality is just NOT the same....at least the places that I have seen. There are also many varieties that each has a specific flavor.

I enjoyed doing this little tea cup and utilizing the color techniques that I am learning. Next time I hope to take photos of the painting process.

Click to bid on ebay (starting bid at $49)


No comments: