Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Rum River at Princeton



The Rum River at Princeton
original oil painting on canvas on board, 9 x 12 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This morning I finished up the landscape painting that I was working on of the Rum (aka the Spirit) River. This section of the Rum is in Princeton, Minnesota and this is in late afternoon as the sun was setting. For this painting I pretty much used a limited palette (ultramarine blue, cad. red medium, cad. yellow light and a cad. yellow green plus the usually white). I really am not sure if I like it or not. Many areas I did scrape the paint off with a palette knife and then reapply it. However, for now it is what it is. If anyone is interested, the painting is up for auction.

I am also continuing to work on the 29-Day Giving Challenge project. I finally decided to do 29 small watercolors, photograph and scan them, and then offer them as a give-away to 29 lucky folks. If you are interested, please drop me an email or leave a comment, and I will put your name in the drawing. As the little watercolors become completed, I will post them. This should be fun. Stay tuned for the sweet little flower paintings......

1 comment:

thepeacefulpeacock said...

I love it!! Beautiful work, Mom!