Friday, July 11, 2008

Pretty Impatiens


Impatiens
original oil painting on canvas board, 5 x 7 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

The skies are beginning to darken and all afternoon the radio has been telling us that there is a MAJOR storm system on the way here. So to beat the storm, so to speak, I am trying to get today's painting on before I lose my connection. I have a satellite dish for my internet since I live in the boonies.

This painting today is from one of my hanging baskets along my porch. I have four baskets of impatiens along with some tiny blue flowers whose name escapes me. Flowers and gardening are something that I really do enjoy. I remember when I was just a wee one hanging out with my Grandmother in her garden. She taught me to plant sweet peas and how to care for flowers and the garden. When I visited with her, I always came home with slips or starts to plant in a pot.

Enjoy and thanks for looking! If you have a favorite flower or story, let me know. I can always try painting the flower. Look for this one on ebay.

Now to watch for the thunder storms....hope I don't see a one of those funnel clouds...

No comments: