Monday, July 14, 2008

Light Pink Impatiens


Light Pink Impatiens
original oil paintng on canvas board, 5 x 7 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary


Here is another impatiens painting. On my front porch that looks out over the river I have several hanging baskets of flowers. It is very shaded area so these sweet flowers just enjoy being there with all the shaded and diffuses light. Along with the four baskets of impatiens, I also have two baskets of fushias..another favorite.

Today was one of those precious days where the weather was perfect...sun shining, a slight breeze and the temperature in the low eighties - a perfect day to take the canoe out. Since I live on the river, I can paddle up the river and then glide on back to my house. I have a one person canoe that only weights 43 lbs. although it sure seems a lot heavier when I am carrying it down to the river. Maybe it is because it is not exactly something that one throws under their arm. It is around 13 feet long. To get up the slow, moving river I also have one of those bent looking paddles...they work great and I can get great momentum with it compared to an ordinary paddle.

Well, enjoy the painting. By the way, this is NUMBER 100!!!

No comments: