Monday, July 21, 2008

Day Lily


Day Lily
original oil painting on canvas board, 8 x 8 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

This poor day lily is sitting in a bucket in my studio. It had been outside waiting for me to plant it and I am a bit embarrassed to say how long. At least the poor thing is still alive and blooming. When I got it, it was just a few roots and a little foliage. Day lilies are supposed to be dug up every three years or so and thinned out. I really don't think putting them in a bucket and not planting them is exactly what the experts had in mind. However, the lily does seem to like it. So far, it has had a bloom every day this week....but then it is only Monday.

Thanks for looking and I will probably put this one on ebay. I continue to work on the small paintings for the 29-Day Giving Challenge. Later this week, I should have more posted. Please don't forget to email if you would like to be a part of the free give away.

No comments: