Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Coneflower or Echinacea


Coneflower or Echinacea
original oil painting on canvas board, 7 x 5 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary

There are coneflowers blooming in my garden. They have volunteered to come up along the outside of the garden...the seeds must have scattered there. Maybe flowers did not like that I had not weeded the little flower patch for some time.

Last week I started another blog called a "Mandala a Day". I take one of my photos and then manipulate it into a mandala. More on mandalas later.

After having a crazy month and a few days off, I am finally back at it for my daily painting. I am also working on some larger pieces in both oil and charcoal. On top of that I am also learning how to make my own prints using archival inks and a good quality paper. This way I have control over my photographic prints.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by. Look for this painting on ebay. It really looks a lot better in real life and is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Carol Cooper said...

Hi Maryann, this painting is truly stunning! It looks like a little wosh of wind might have been passing by it as you were painting it. Cheers! CarolC

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Thank you, Carol. Painting flowers is one of my favorite subjects. This one was one of the first to bloom.