Friday, July 18, 2008

Cattails


Cattails
original oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas, 12 x 4 x 0.5 inch, unframed (not necessary)
copyrght MaryAnn Cleary

The other day when I met a friend for lunch in Brainerd I happened upon a area with a few cattails. This was on the way back from my lunch meeting. Since I was in the area, I stopped at the Mil Lacs Ojibwe Native American Museum. Right there along side where I parked were a delightful grouping of cattails.

This little museum is such a nice resource of information. Everytime I stop I continue to see or learn something new. That reminds me I bought some maple sugar cakes that were made from the sap of maple trees. Trying this sugar cake will be a first for me....

Thanks for looking. This painting will be offered for auction on ebay.

4 comments:

kat said...

Reminds me of the cattails we used to bring home from camping trips when we were kids. I loved how they dried and eventually exploded with seeds.
Kat

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Ah yes, they would start to get a little bump on the side of them and pretty soon there would be seeds everywhere.

leslie said...

I like the cattails, and the choice of vertical format is great.

Every time I see a cattatil, I hear a red-winged blackbird...

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Thank you, Leslie. You are so right about the red-winged blackbird and cattails. The other day I actually captured a photo of a pair hanging out in the cattails...totally by accident.