Sunday, June 29, 2008

Works in Progress.....a Charcoal and a Painting

Below are two different works that are currently in progress. The one below is an oil painting which is larger in format than my regular daily paintings (11 x 14 inch). It is in the very beginning stages, and I hope to have it finished within the next couple of days. I thought it would be interesting for everyone to see how the painting progressed. It is a view from my backyard with a pile of logs stashed up against a huge old tree. Look for more updates.
Beginning of a painting....laying the values down (about half way through the value process)
This is the very beginning stage of a charcoal drawing being done on Rives BFK paper (white). Initially, I dusted the entire paper with charcoal and rubbed it into the paper. Next I laid out the drawing with the basic forms and shapes using a charcoal stick and then also an eraser to begin pulling out the light values. This is the a very early stage of the drawing.
Look for updates on this painting and drawing. Tomorrow I will also do my daily painting as well.
Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog. Enjoy!!

No comments: