Monday, June 30, 2008

The Smell of Larkspur

The Smell of Larkspur
original oil on canvas board, 11 x 14 inch, unframed
copyright 2008 MaryAnn Cleary



The above photos show the progress of the painting while I was painting the scene.

The painting is nearing the final stages. Here the flowers are not painted yet and there are some final touches needed for the logs.

The smell of stalks of larkspur is one that a person does not forget. It reminds me of the warm days of summer and cool breezes. With this painting, I tried to capture that moment where the stillness of the surroundings and the smell of flowers allowed one to be thankful for a wonderful summer day in the country.

This painting is a larger format and I plan on doing a few more of this larger size.

Thank you for looking and enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments on my blog.

No comments: