Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cherry Twizzler


Cherry Twizzler
original oil painting on canvas board (Raymar), 2.5 x 8 inch, unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

This week has been a tough one for painting as my little grandson and daughter have been visiting with me. I did manage to get another painting in today to add to the candy series. This is a piece of a cherry twizzler that needed to be hidden away in order to have it for painting from life. It seems the rest of them magically disappeared.

This really makes a nice grouping with the other two candy paintings, the Three Cinnamon Bears and the Tootsie Roll.

A little note: next week it is going to be difficult to post as I have a commitment for working with my "other" engineering job. It is difficult sharing the left and right part of the brain as I become more involved with my artistic side, but I can either starve or I can pay the bills...so off to be an engineer for a little bit.

Are there any other left/right brain folks out there? It would be interesting to know how others handle their artistic/creative side versus the intellectual side. It has been challenging for me as there are times that I feel like I am being pulled into two different directions.

This painting is available. For more information, please feel free to contact me.

Now available on ebay.

No comments: