Thursday, May 08, 2008

Vidalia Onion


Vidalia Onion
original oil painting on linen on board, 4"x 6", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Available ~ email me for more info.

Today when I went to the grocery store, the vidalia onions were in stock. I am not an onion fan, but these onions are wonderfully sweet and tasty. I try to stock up on them and put some aside by chopping them up and freezing them so that I have them when they are no longer in season.

My artstudio is also coming along. Today I did some cleaning and also hung up a quilt as a divider to hide the area that I will finish in the future. Tomorrow I will put up the doors for the washer/dryer area so that sight is hidden. After that it is a matter of some wall washing and vacuuming...the rest can be staged for the future. So for now the windows and ceiling are complete with taping, priming, and painting - windows have molding now and there is trim along the ceiling.....a real room with a fabulous view of the outdoors and no direct sunlight...perfect for a studio.

Now time to watch a movie and just relax.....

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Maryann,

Love the painting. Wish I had one here in the office! You're here in the area, so you probably know a lot about Vidalias, but you may want to try storing a few at the end of the season this way:

Wrap individually in paper towels, put in crisper in fridge with vents closed. I used my last Vidalia about three weeks before this season started. (some go bad but a few keep). Freezing is good for cooking but this way you can have some to eat on salads, etc, too. Take care!

Wendy Brannen
Vidalia Onion Committee
VidaliaOnion.org

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Thanks for the great tip on storing them!