Friday, May 16, 2008

Sliced Peach


Sliced Peach
original oil painting on canvas on board, 3.5" x 4", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

This peach was eaten right after I finished the painting...boy was it sweet! This is another small painting in oil and give me a bit of challenge. One problem that I seemed to have with this one was getting the pit just right This is one of those ones that may look better to me the next day or so.

I am really getting excited about doing some painting outside. After doing considerable research, I finally bought a plein aire easel..... there were cheap ones out there, but from what I read it is better to just get a good one. It is supposed to be lightweight and study. I also purchased the backpack to use with it as I really like to hike and this way I have my arms free if I need to carry anything else. When it arrives I can let everyone know how I like it. It is called an Easyl-Lite and I am buying it from Art Essentials.

No comments: