Thursday, May 01, 2008

Perfume Bottle from China


Painted Perfume Bottle from China
original oil painting on canvas on board, 4" x 6"
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Available ~ email me for more info.

This little perfume bottle came from one of my trips back to the U.S. from China. I bought it at Lily's place. She was one of few vendors who spoke excellent English in Suzhou. She sold many silk embroidery paintings (absolutely beautiful) as well as other small items like perfume bottles that were painted, carvings and other touristy items. In her shop she had what I called the "card of fame"...she would take your business card and put it under the glass on her cabinet...she had many cards from fellow employees as we all would stop and shop at Lilys.

Also, I am very pleased with the response for the 29 Day Giving Challenge...there are some lucky folks out there who have a painting heading there way. I still have one more available for the give away.....

No comments: