Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Lily No. 2


Lily No. 2
original oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas, 6" x 6" x 1.3"
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Please email if you are interested. Yesterday's painting and this one would make a good pair. Email me at info@maryanncleary.com.

It certainly has been a busy day today. For a good part of the day, I worked on my studio...painting the ceiling, putting up molding, and trying to put the finishing touches on it. Right now my temporary studio is upstairs. The studio that I am preparing is on the main floor or basement and has a wonderful view of the river. I am trying to make it a place where I want to go....right now it is not....I had to tape the ceiling, windows and paint, and now I am in the process of putting on some finishing touches. It will be so nice when it is complete.

With today's painting, I decided to do the lily again only this time with more shadows. Yesterday's certainly went a lot easier. I seemed to struggle with this one...,maybe it is because it has been a long day. I was going to fuss with it some more, but I know when it is best to stop and just put the darn thing aside....sooo...here it is.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: