Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hostas


HOSTAS
original oil painting on canvas on artboard, 6" x 4", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Flowers are blooming everywhere ~ the apple tree, the lilacs and some other small bush that I planted a few years ago. This past weekend I purchased a hostas plant. They grow very well here and this is my first one. There is a place near here that advertises "hostas" and I do plan on checking them out,too. This flower was fun to paint. I tried to keep it a bit loose and simple.

My other project today was getting an old book press working as a possibility of using it for small prints. I oiled it up and replaced one of the broken bolts. I plan on writing a little more about it and showing pics at my other blog "A Line in Time". Please check it out if you are interested as that is where I write about the things that aren't my daily paintings.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

This painting will be available on ebay this week.

No comments: