Tuesday, May 20, 2008


Half-Pint Bowl with Pussy Willows
original oil painting on canvas board, 4" x 6"
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

This is a small ebony stoneware bowl and even though it is a brown, ebony color there are many different colors that can be seen in it when painting it. It is not just a brown bowl. There are twinges of orange and blue, depending on how the light reflects off of the ebony glaze. I may try putting together several of my dark, ebony glazed pieces of pottery into a larger still life. The pussy willows made a nice touch...even though they have seen better days.

This will be put on ebay tomorrow evening. If you would like to make an off on this small, delightful painting prior to being auctioned off, send me an email.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say.....you are remarkable. I was just visiting a blogger friend, and she mentioned she asked and you sent hera picture of fallen logs in the woods. This one is quite stunning. I don't know if it is available and I am almost embarrassed to ask. But the pussywillow holds lots of childhood memories. Bittersweet