Friday, May 23, 2008

Golf Ball and Tee


Golf Ball and Tee
original oil painting on linen canvas board, 4" x 5", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Click here to bid on ebay.

Since my friends talked me into joining the local Women's Golf League, I thought that it would be appropriate to paint a golf ball and tee. It certainly was a lot easier to do and a lot more fun than my golf game. The challenge with the golf ball was those crazy little areas all over it, but it was actually the easiest and the final touch of the painting. I found that it is best to just suggest those areas. The next challenge was painting a white ball against a white background. However, this is where subtlety of warm and cool can be played off of one another to add interest.

The shadows in this one also had a lot of interesting light plays that made it challenging to paint.

Enjoy! I will probably post this one on ebay...but tomorrow sometime. It is late tonight, but I just had to get today's painting in!

No comments: