Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wee Garlic Clove for the Garden


Garlic Clove for the Garden
original oil painting on canvas on board, 2.5" x 4", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Click here to bid on ebay.

This is a wee painting and very much fun to paint. The garlic clove sprouted some green and should probably go outside in the garden or maybe a tub or pot.

Tonight I almost opted to have a "no painting day", but I just needed to get one done. Today was a bit of a disaster day. I live in a log home and for once the day was gorgeous with the sun in full swing. I thought that I would do some spring cleaning by washing off some of the logs......the water pressure seemed a bit low, but then I have been gone for two years. I washed down one side and then went inside to take a break. WOW! Water every where! I immediately grabbed an armload of towels and began throwing them on the floor to soak up all that water before it did a number on the hardwood floors.........I have words that I said, but it is probably best that I not write them. Apparently during the winter the spigot to the outside water faucet froze and cracked the line. As long as the water is shut off I am ok for now. I will deal with the spigot some other day. For now, things just need to dry out.

Enjoy! If you have any questions about the painting, let me know.

No comments: