Monday, April 07, 2008

The Spirit River



The SPIRIT RIVER
original oil painting on artist canvas board, 4" x 6", framed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary


You can also purchase this securely through paypal. Email me for more information.
Price: $75 plus $10 shipping USD (shipped U.S.)

This is the river that flows along my back yard. The ice has finally melted and you can see the river. This is the same river that I have taken my cross-country skiis and went out onto this past winter. However, today was not a sunny day and cloudy so I thought it would be fun to see what happened when trying to paint a landscape with a blah day.

Yesterday, I spent time checking out an old artist book that I have regarding color...very interesting. I tried out the tool made out of cardboard with a hole in it to isolate color. To learn more check out my other blog, A Line in Time, on how to make one.

Usually I do not do many landscapes as I feel that I have so much to learn in regard to doing them. I find them a bit overwhelming. With this one I tried to keep it simple and I plan on putting a small video of my progress. I really like using the color isolator as I now tend to focus on the color and value and do not worry so much about the detail and actually try to keep it simple. Look for more Minnesota landscapes. I am hooked.

No comments: