Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rice Bowl from Thailand - SOLD


Rice Bowl from Thailand
original oil painting on canvas on artist board, 5"x7", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary


SOLD


Today as I was trying to figure out what to paint, I ran across this piece of pottery that I purchased while visiting Thailand. It is one of my favorite pieces. The glaze is crackled and the painting on the bowl is plain and simple. This was fun to paint and I also tried to play the warm and cool colors off of one another in a subtle way.

POEM of the DAY - if anyone would like to contribute a poem to go with my daily painting, please leave a comment or email me.

Two Years Later


by William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)


Has no one said those daring

Kind eyes should be more learn'd?

Or warned you how despairing

The moths are when they are burned?

I could have warned you; but you are young,

So we speak a different tongue.

O you will take whatever's offered

And dream that all the worlds' a friend.

Suffer as your mother suffered,

Be as broken in the end.

But I am old and you are young,

And I speak a barbarous tongue.

No comments: