Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Early Times Shot Glass


EARLY TIMES Shot Glass
original oil painting on canvas on artist board, 6" x 4", unframed
copyright MaryAnn Cleary

Available. Email me at info@maryanncleary.com for more info.

This shot glass was found at a thrift shop where I live and I thought that it would make a good subject as painting glass is always a challenge and fun. With this painting I used a pretty limited palette....ultramarine blue, cadmium red medium, cadmium orange (just a touch), quinacrodine orange or a transparent earth red, and white. I enjoy using a limited palette. However, if I find that I need a color, I will use it.... I love all the variations of cadmium red. Usually, I will draw in the painting using the earth red or that long chemical name for the color as it is nice for having as the underlayer for the painting.


Today is day two of the 29-day giving challenge and I have a package that I am getting ready to mail off....remember there are now only three more give-away paintings available. Someone emailed me last night requesting one of my daily paintings. It is the Tabasco Sauce painting. If you are interested, drop me an email (see yesterday's post for more details). This painting will be put on hold until tomorrow and then it will be put up for auction on ebay. If you would like this as a gift for one of the paintings of the 29-day giveaway challenge, I am offering only three more paintings ...no strings attached.

No comments: